Wednesday, February 5, 2014

the switch / January 31

Took down some artwork today that I have had showing locally.  My mum and I saw the, or a, small bird of prey.  I'm guessing it's the same one I've been seeing, but she thinks it's bigger than a merlin, so based on the similar appearance (grey back, white front with brown streaks, dark face?), a peregrine falcon is also possible.  I thought I remembered seeing merlin-like streaking on the front when I saw it once before, but I don't seem to have written that down, so maybe not?  The streaking on the merlin vs. the peregrine falcon is, as I said, similar, but different.  The smaller bird of prey I've seen may also be something different each time. 

Common birds: cardinal (pair)

Winter visitors: junco

Unidentified birds: merlin/falcon/hawk??  

No comments:

Post a Comment