Monday, May 27, 2013

the squirrels / May 27

I took my coffee onto the back deck this morning, and watched 5-6 squirrels chasing each other along, and up and down, the fences.  One ran under the deck, and the one following ran up the steps, saw me, and scurried away.  It's also been such a nice day out.

Common birds: mourning dove, starling, grackle, house sparrow, house finch (pair), robin, blue jay, gold finch, cardinal (pair), downy woodpecker (male)

Spring visitors: red-wing blackbird (pair), brown headed cowbird (male), baltimore oriole (male)

Not quite sure: Something that has me stumped - streaky brown, not unlike a female red-wing blackbird, but it had a yellow patch on its chest.  Also, a little sparrow I didn't get a good look at - probably the song sparrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment