Tuesday, September 17, 2013

September 1-17 / the rest

I haven't been updating.  I hope to get back into the swing of it, starting with this summary of what has been around recently.  Daily updates for the first half of September aren't happening, I haven't kept track closely, and I may forget about some, but I have seen a few interesting things recently, so here goes -

Note: some have been seen several times, some not as much, and I am not attempting to count how many times for each.

I saw a nashville warbler a few days ago, and have seen two I haven't got a solid ID for.  First, a few days ago, a little bird I am assuming is a warbler of some kind, with a grey head, olive back, no eye bar, cream underside, with sunny yellow flanks (sides), and a light coloured noticeable wing bar.  Today, a small bird, yellow chest, olive face & back, two light wing bars with dark in between. 

Common birds (Sept. 1-17): house sparrow, goldfinch, cardinal (pair), blue jay, chickadee, red-breasted nuthatch, downy woodpecker, ruby-throated hummingbird, mourning dove

Overhead: gull, red-tailed hawk

Summer visitors: nashville warbler

Uncertain: yellow throated vireo?, warbler?

No comments:

Post a Comment