Sunday, June 2, 2013

Images / June 2

In the amount of time it took for me to have a cup of coffee this morning, a half hour or a little more, I had already seen several of the birds I saw today.  Again, a hawk was being chased off by a couple of other birds today.  For some reason, the hawk seemed smaller than the red-tailed hawk I usually see, but it was really hard to tell with it flying so high and quickly, and being unable to see the top side of the tail feathers - which, in the red-tailed hawk, are reddish brown and useful to identify this bird. 

I've set up a Pinterest board to compliment the blog, with pictures of various Ontario birds, including most of the ones I see, and some I haven't.  It's hard to take good pictures of my own of the birds, though I will try to occasionally.

Common birds: mourning dove, grackle, house sparrow, cardinal (pair), house finch (pair), robin

Spring visitors: red-wing blackbird (male), brown headed cowbird (female)

Overhead: gull, red-tailed hawk

Heard: blue jay

No comments:

Post a Comment