Thursday, June 20, 2013

Previous Years' Birds - April 2012

I thought it would be good to compare my daily notes this year with some of the notable birds I've seen in the past couple of years.  In 2011 & 2012, I was not taking notes daily, or of all the common birds, but of some of the uncommon and migrating ones.  I wrote notes about them into a little book at the time; and I will say that I may have misidentified some along the way.  I will share them month by month, since putting it all in one post would be very long.  Where possible, I'm including what I thought the bird could be at the time, and what it is more likely to have been, in cases where my ID was uncertain. 

April 2012

golden crowned kinglet
common flicker
rufous-sided towhee
savannah sparrows? (more likely song sparrows)
white throated sparrow
red-tailed hawk

Next 'previous years' post will include May 2011 & 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment